Is Your Building Due for an Electrical Upgrade?
As a business owner, you are probably always looking for ways to improve the conditions in your workplace for your customers and employees alike. When you are considering an upgrade in your business, it’s a good idea to prioritize projects that improve safety in your workplace first and foremost. Investing in an electrical upgrade allows you to reduce safety risks in your building, especially if it’s an older structure, and it can even increase productivity and function for your business.
Are you unsure about whether an electrical upgrade is really necessary? Speak to a commercial electrician in Nampa, ID to find out. In the meantime, here are a few telltale signs that you can look out for to determine whether it’s the right time for an upgrade:
- Consistently tripping breakers: If you are frequently experiencing breaker trips when you try to use electrical equipment, it’s likely that your circuit breaker simply isn’t capable of accommodating the electrical load that your business requires. If you have to stagger electrical usage or lower your productivity to avoid circuit tripping, an electrical upgrade is the most economical and efficient option.
- Poor electrical performance: You might notice that you simply aren’t getting much power from your electrical system. This can be observed when you turn on a large piece of electrical equipment or machinery and another source of electrical usage suffers or loses power. It’s common for businesses that struggle with low electrical performance to rely on temporary measures like extension cords and generators to balance electrical demand.
- Deterioration of electrical components: When you open up your circuit breaker and look at your electrical contacts, do you see clear signs of deterioration or corrosion? This is a major safety hazard and a clear indicator that it’s time to call a commercial electrician in Nampa, ID for repairs.
- Age of your building: Even if you don’t notice any obvious signs of electrical issues, you should still take the history of your building into account. If you operate out of a building that is several decades old, it’s worth it to contact an electrician for an inspection. This way, you can get a better picture of the condition of your electrical components and wiring and determine whether you need to make any adjustments.
- New equipment or heightened demand: Are you planning on upgrading your equipment or increasing your electrical demand anytime soon? If so, it’s a good idea to upgrade your electrical system, too. Placing heightened demand on your electrical system can cause problems and decrease performance, and an upgrade will allow you to maintain productivity.
If you’re ready for an upgrade to your commercial electrical system, give Keys Energy Services, Inc. a call. We have been serving commercial and industrial clients since 2003, and our technicians have over 40 years of experience providing installation, upgrade, repair and maintenance services to customers. Whether you need assistance with wiring for a brand-new building or you have concerns about the wiring in your older commercial building, our technicians are here to help. Find out more and arrange a free consultation by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Commercial Electrical Contractors
This post was written by Writer