Saving Energy in Your Building in 2018
February 28, 2018 Leave your thoughts
Building owners and managers across the country have a lot to worry about on a daily basis. Since they have so much on their plate, things tend to slip through the cracks. Energy conservation is one of the biggest parts of building management that tends to fall by the wayside. Thankfully, industrial electrical contractors in Nampa, ID have some helpful tips to save energy this year:
- Perform a nighttime audit: Unless you have employees working around the clock, there’s no reason you need to waste electricity after it’s quitting time each day. Take a stroll through your building after everyone’s left for the day and you’re bound to find appliances and lights that were left on absentmindedly. Computer monitors and desk lamps are probably two of the biggest culprits, but lights in whole rooms can be left on from time to time. It doesn’t hurt to make an end-of-day energy checklist for all of your employees to follow.
- Ensure machinery is functioning properly: Regular maintenance of your heavy-duty machinery is necessary for a variety of reasons. The last thing you want is a broken piece of equipment, and you don’t need us to tell you that improperly working machinery is a safety hazard. But did you know that older or broken machinery can suck up a ton of energy each day? A quick maintenance check from industrial electrical contractors in Nampa, ID can potentially save you big bucks each month on your energy bill. We’ll help identify any problems with your machinery and let you know what’s causing your higher bills.
- Install energy efficient lighting: These days, we have tons of options when it comes to office lighting. Your building doesn’t have to rely on unappealing fluorescent lighting anymore! Talk to your electrician about switching from fluorescent lights to energy efficient LED lighting. In addition to saving money, LED lights are better for your employees’ eye health. You can also save energy (and money) by asking your employees to stop using unnecessary desk lamps, which can waste a ton of energy if they’re left on all day.
- Maximize sunlight: Hopefully, your building has plenty of windows. Use them to your advantage! Open up your blinds and let plenty of sunlight flood into your office. After all, everyone likes getting some sunshine, and it illuminates your office for free.
- Think about heating and cooling: Your lighting and machinery aren’t the only two things sucking up your energy. The HVAC system in your office uses a ton of energy around the clock. Keep your building a few degrees warmer in the summer and a few degrees cooler in the fall and winter. You’ll be amazed at how much energy you save. Additionally, you can install a programmable thermostat that will automatically adjust the temperature when employees aren’t in the office.
Conserving energy each day will save you big bucks on your electric bill each month and will help reduce your company’s carbon footprint. Get in touch with the industrial electrical contractors in Nampa, ID at Keys Energy Services, Inc. to learn more about saving energy!
Categorised in: Industrial Electrical Services
This post was written by Writer